IJAP is a peer-reviewed journal that welcomes articles, case studies, opinion pieces, reflective pieces and reviews relating to learning, teaching, assessment and technology within higher, further and vocational education. It is our aim that IJAP will inspire, educate, and engage its readership.
Call for Expressions of Interest for Special Issue in 2019
Ireland has a new Technological University - insights and foresights
A Unique Opportunity
This is a call for expressions of interest in writing a paper/commentary/reflection for a special issue of the Irish Journal of Academic Practice, to commemorate and celebrate the new Technological University Dublin. We are particularly interested in articles that share the impact of the formation of the TU Dublin on a variety of stakeholders. Rich reflective insights are welcome that focus on how the transition is currently being experienced in its first year, as well as submissions that challenge and question. We welcome contrasting views on the idea of a technological university!
We are seeking expressions of interest themes including but not limited to:
- What is the role of the Technological University in a changing European context?
- What do students think of the Technological University?
- Will it create a powerhouse of innovation and learning?
- What is the role of the Arts in a Technological University?
- Will the Technological University prove a big draw for international students?
- How will the Technological University fare in international rankings?
- Can the Technological University enhance gender equality in STEM?
- How can a Technological University address inclusion?
Process and Key Dates
- Expression of interest via email to editors (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) by the extended submission date of 5pm on Friday 5 April 2019.
- In the first instance, please send a 500 word abstract to any of the editors.
- Colleagues who have been invited to submit full articles should do so by Monday 2 September 2019, when they will be sent out for peer review.
- Publication of the special issue is expected in November 2019.
Current Issue: Volume 7, Issue 1 (2018)
Drawings of Corporate Social Responsibility: a Picture Draws a Thousand Words
Sharon Feeney and John Hogan
Rethinking the Mathematics Worksheet in Higher Education: Embracing the Application of Spaced and Interleaved Practice
Deirdre Casey, Clodagh Carroll, and Julie Crowley
Using Blended Learning to Enhance the Experience of Students in Built Environment Related Degree Programs
Ruari Hayden and Philip Russell